I am a fourth-year Machine Learning Ph.D. student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), advised by Prof. Han Zhao and Prof. Bo Li. Previously, I obtained my B.S. in 2019 from UIUC with double majors in (1) Physics, (2) Statistics & Computer Science.
I am currently working at the intersection of machine learning and quantum computing, and my research interests can be summarized as “machine learning with distribution shifts in classical and quantum data”. For classical data (e.g., image and text data), I have been working on domain adaptation, out-of-distribution (OOD) generalization, meta-learning, and multi-task learning. As for the quantum side, I consider some challenges for quantum computing that involve distribution shifts (e.g., noises and errors in modern quantum computers), and try to tackle them with machine learning techniques. In my undergraduate studies, I have also worked on reinforcement learning and condensed matter physics.
- [Nov 2022] My first quantum computing paper is public! [arXiv, Code]
- [Oct 2022] Honored to be selected as a top reviewer (8%) of NeurIPS 2022!
- [Jun 2022] Received a gift award from Unitary Fund for a quantum software project!
- [May 2022] Have two papers accepted by ICML 2022 and one paper accepted by UAI 2022! [Publications]
- [Apr 2022] Honored to be selected as one of the Mavis Future Faculty Fellows (MF3) for the 2022-2023 academic year!
- [Mar 2022] Have one paper accepted by CVPR 2022! [arXiv, code]
- [Feb 2022] Will work in Amazon Braket (a quantum computing team) as an applied scientist intern in summer 2022!
- [May 2021] Have one paper accepted by ICML 2021! [arXiv, code]
- [Jan 2021] Will work in Waymo (formerly the Google self-driving car project) as a research intern in summer 2021!
- [Oct 2020] Glad to be a reviewer for AAAI 2021, AISTATS 2021 and CVPR 2021!