I am a fourth-year Machine Learning Ph.D. student in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), advised by Prof. Han Zhao and Prof. Bo Li. Previously, I obtained my B.S. in 2019 from UIUC with double majors in (1) Physics, (2) Statistics & Computer Science.
My main research interest is machine learning with data distribution shifts, including domain adaptation, out-of-distribution (OOD) generalization, meta-learning, and multi-task learning. I am also studying data distribution shift problems in the context of foundation models (e.g., large language models and vision-language models). Besides, I have worked on quantum machine learning and reinforcement learning.
- [Jan 2023] Will work at Apple AI/ML as a research intern in summer 2023!
- [Nov 2022] My first quantum computing paper is public! [arXiv, Code]
- [Oct 2022] Honored to be selected as a top reviewer (8%) of NeurIPS 2022!
- [Jun 2022] Received a gift award from Unitary Fund for a quantum software project!
- [May 2022] Have two papers accepted by ICML 2022 and one paper accepted by UAI 2022! [Publications]
- [Apr 2022] Honored to be selected as one of the Mavis Future Faculty Fellows (MF3) for the 2022-2023 academic year!
- [Mar 2022] Have one paper accepted by CVPR 2022! [arXiv, code]
- [Feb 2022] Will work at Amazon Braket (a quantum computing team) as an applied scientist intern in summer 2022!
- [May 2021] Have one paper accepted by ICML 2021! [arXiv, code]
- [Jan 2021] Will work at Waymo (formerly the Google self-driving car project) as a research intern in summer 2021!
- [Oct 2020] Glad to be a reviewer for AAAI 2021, AISTATS 2021 and CVPR 2021!